McKinsey & Co. is renowned throughout the world for its ability to arrive at sharp, insightful analyses of its clients' situations then provide solutions that are as ingenious as they are effective. McKinsey succeeds almost as well as shielding its revolutionary methods from competitors' scrutiny.
Now, The McKinsey Mind pulls back the curtain to reveal the ways in which McKinsey consultants consistently deliver their magic and how those methods can be used to achieve exceptional results in companies from 10 employees to 10,000. Packed with insights and brainstorming exercises for establishing the McKinsey mind-set, this book is an in-depth guidebook for applying McKinsey methods in any industry and organizational environment.
Taking a step-by-step approach, The McKinsey Mind looks at the McKinsey mystique from every angle. Owners, executives, consultants, and team leaders can look to this comprehensive treatment for ways to:
- Follow McKinsey's MECE (mutually exclusive, collectively exhaustive) line of attack
- Frame business problems to make them susceptible to rigorous fact-based analysis
- Use the same fact-based analysisin conjunction with gut instinctto make strategic decisions
- Conduct meaningful interviews and effectively summarize the content of those interviews
- Analyze the data to find out the "so what"
- Clearly communicate fact-based solutions to all pertinent decision makers
- Capture and manage the knowledge in any organization to maximize its value
Because organizational problems rarely exist in a vacuum, The McKinsey Mind discusses these approaches and more to help you arrive at usable and sensible solutions. It goes straight to the sourceformer McKinsey consultants now in leadership positions in organizations throughout the worldto give you today's only implementation-based, solution-driven look at the celebrated McKinsey problem-solving method.